The upcoming RTS/RPG game SpellForce 3 shows off the first of three playable factions: the Humans of Nortander. War-torn and battle hardened, the people of Nortander have suffered much in the past, but they’ve learned how to fight and how to endure. And they will need that knowledge, as the events in SpellForce 3’s campaign will be far from peaceful …
The new gameplay video shows the majestic city of Greykeep, the fields of Liannon and the harbors of Everlight, culminating in a vast battle between rival houses, as the humans are not only fighting against common enemies but also themselves.
SpellForce 3 returns to the roots of the SpellForce saga. Taking place before the acclaimed SpellForce: The Order of Dawn, players will unravel a deep and epic story in the SpellForce universe with over 30 hours of a single-player campaign, that is also playable in Coop. Additional multiplayer modes offer competitive battles for up to six players. Create your own heroes, develop your skillset and build your own army to fight in legendary battles with gameplay that expertly blends the RTS and top-down RPG genres together.
About SpellForce 3:
- RTS/RPG mix: unique gameplay that combines the genre of a real-time strategy and a top-down roleplay game.
- Create and customise: create your group of heroes and choose a number of different combos with a range of skill structures.
- Boost and command your army: Prepare your troops and fight the greatest of all battles. You can also exploit numerous strategic aspects (e.g. terrain, troop formations, visibility, exploration, etc.), that would make Sun Tzu proud!
- Epic storyline: Unravel a deep and complex plot that eventually leads up to the events that trigger the Convocation ritual, which will change the whole world.
- Extensive universe and lots of loot: Explore the world of Eo, discover intrigues and secrets and collect a whole load of loot for your hero.
- Complex single-player campaign: Over 30 hours of gameplay time, and even more if you’re able to discover everything Grimlore Games has incorporated into the game world.
- Multiplayer: Strong multiplayer component with various modes – play in versus battles with up to 6 Players or master the single-player campaign with a friend in coop mode
SpellForce 3 is launching on December 7, 2017 on PC. For more information, please visit the official website, like the game on Facebook or follow THQ Nordic on Twitter.