Out today: A Highland Song — inkle’s narrative platformer on Nintendo Switch and Steam Moira McKinnon is on the run.
Her uncle Hamish has sent a letter summoning her to his lighthouse by the sea. An incredible surprise awaits if she can get there by Beltane. That gives Moira just one week to cross the Scottish Highlands: hundreds of miles of rocky terrain rich with stories, secrets, and song.
Can you make it to the lighthouse in time?
Released today on Steam (PC/Mac) and Nintendo Switch, A Highland Song is a narrative platformer from inkle, the groundbreaking team behind 80 Days and Heaven’s Vault. The game sells for $17.99 / £14.99 / €15.99 and is on sale for 10% off through December 11.
A Vast Scottish Adventure
- A Highland Song is part survival adventure, part platformer, and part rhythm game with a surprising, sprawling story that weaves into every decision you make:Platforming: Climb peaks to orient yourself and plan your next steps. Spelunk caves, scale cliffs, jump from rock to rock, and slide down scree slopes as you make your way forward.
- Survival: Wind, rain, and cold are your enemies. Moira is no superhero, and the Highlands are not to be underestimated. Shelter to survive.
- Navigation: Collect and position 100 map fragments to discover faster routes. The hills are crisscrossed with paths — some well-trodden, others hidden away.
- Narrative: Learn the stories and the secrets of the hills, which are filled with lost things, echoes, and memories.
- Rhythm: Skip and jump through the valleys in time with lively Scottish music. The landscape itself forms itself around the shape of the music.
- Replay: Get ready to make the journey more than once, because a single trip isn’t nearly enough to discover the Highlands’ deepest secrets.
About the Music
A Highland Song’s soundtrack is composed by Laurence Chapman alongside two multi-award-winning giants of the Scottish folk scene, TALISK and Fourth Moon. Royalty of the festival circuit, these two bands combine virtuosic instrumental playing with fast, inventive rhythms, to produce new tunes in traditional styles played with beauty, energy and swagger.
Also released today, the official A Highland Song soundtrack includes Chapman’s original score alongside tracks by TALISK and Fourth Moon. It’s available on Steam for $8.99 / £7.49 / €8.79 or can be purchased in a game + soundtrack bundle for a 10% discount.