Venture Through the Imagination of Jules Verne in Verne: The Shape of Fantasy, Coming August 14th!
Explore, solve puzzles and unlock the secrets of Atlantis in this narrative-driven adventure
Wiesbaden, Germany – August 3rd, 2023 – Developer Gametopia with Publisher Assemble Entertainment are excited to announce that their upcoming dystopian narrative adventure Verne: The Shape of Fantasy is set to release on August 14th, 2023. Unleash your imagination through the fantastical mind of Jules Verne as you explore beautiful, detailed pixel art settings and uncover the most coveted secrets of Atlantis.
Verne: The Shape of Fantasy takes place in the year 1888, where a war against the ruthless “Nation” threatens to completely destroy the land of Hemera. Players take on the role of famous author Jules Verne alongside Captain Nemo and their crew as they set out in search of the Flame of Hephaestus, an ancient artefact said to hold the power to change the course of history. Players will have to be careful along the way as they may just discover unimaginable wonders and mysteries.
Only those that crave knowledge and adventure will survive on this epic journey. As players explore, they’ll be able to utilise the IMAG device to rewrite history and change Verne’s fate at certain moments. Solve puzzles in each stunning location and leave no stone unturned. Inspired by classic adventure games, you never know what important detail could be hiding in a dusty corner. Pay close attention and discover what was so fascinating about Jules Verne’s incredibly unique stories.
- Master your Imagination: Discover and master the “IMAG,” an ancient Atlantean device allowing Verne to rewrite his story and change the fate of the adventure.
- We’ve Got Company: Non-linear dialogues create a robust cast of characters in a thrilling story that reflects the human ability to imagine and tell larger-than-life stories.
- Unlock Atlantis One Puzzle at a Time: Utilize side-scrolling gameplay inspired by old-school adventure games where solving puzzles and exploring every inch of your surroundings is the key to success.
- No Ruin Left Unturned: Journey through a steampunk-esque world brought to life by detailed pixel art, told through a wide range of environments from the Nautilus’ dark corridors to ancient Atlantean ruins.
- Historically Accurate: Enjoy an easy-to-follow narrative that leverages true-to-life information about Jules Verne’s life and world-famous works.
Verne: The Shape of Fantasy is set to release on August 14th, 2023. Players can wishlist the game on Steam right now. Can’t wait? Players can also try out the demo!
To keep up to date with the latest Verne: The Shape of Fantasy news, follow Assemble Entertainment on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Steam, and join the official Assemble Discord server. You can also follow the developer’s work on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook to keep up to date with news.
Gametopia has published a webcomic depicting a prequel adventure to Verne: The Shape of Fantasy. To explore the adventure, visit the site here: www.julesvernegame.com/comic.