Indie studio perelesoq and publisher OverGamez are pleased to announce that Torn Away has been released on Steam, Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S. And later this autumn, the game will be released on Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4/5.
Torn Away: A Heartbreaking Adventure of a Girl’s Journey Home in World War II.
Torn Away is a new indie game that combines adventure games, side-scrollers, and first-person levels to create an interactive story about a girl who escapes from a Nazi labor camp and tries to find her way back home across war-torn Europe. You will experience the tragedy of World War II through the eyes of a child and face the challenges of survival, hope, and humanity. Torn Away is a game that will make you feel the emotions of the heroine and appreciate the value of home and family.
ABOUT THIS GAME
Asya is ten years old. She wants to sail paper ships down the stream, play in the backyard with her friends all day and hurry home in the evening when Mom calls for dinner.
But Europe is engulfed in flames of World War II and millions of Europe people are taken away for forced labor in Germany. Asya and her mother are among them. After several unbearable months in a labor camp, Asya manages to escape. Her only destination — home.
Along the way, you will find:
– Levels in the spirit of classic adventure games. Remember, life was peaceful once, and brighter days still await you in the future.
– “Touching” mini-games. See the world through the eyes of a girl who was forced to grow up painfully quick.
– Platformer with stealth mechanics. Hide from soldiers and overcome obstacles in the harshest of weathers.
– First-person cinematic levels. Put yourself in Asya’s shoes and face the danger.
Will you be able to keep hope alive and return to your homeland?
– Touching story inspired by the diaries of children about the hardships of wartime, told through the perspective of a little girl;
– An unfairly forgotten theme of the fate of “Ostarbeiters” — people, who were forcibly deported from Eastern Europe to work in Nazi labor camps;
– Visual language assembled from elements of socialist realism and modern French animation;
– 3D levels stylized as 2D art;
– Original soundtrack inspired by the music of Hayao Miyazaki’s movies, French New Wave cinema and experimental electronic music.
- Developer: perelesoq;
- Publisher: OverGamez;
- Platforms: Steam, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S – now, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4/5 – later this fall;
- Genre: a unique blend of adventure games, side-scrollers, and cinematic first-person levels;
- Release Date:
Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S – October 6th, 2023;
Microsoft Store: https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/store/torn-away/9pdxgmv5fvgv
Nintendo Switch – later this fall;
PlayStation 4/5 – later this fall.
Steam – September 29th, 2023