Part traditional survival horror, part noir-influenced murder mystery, The Pianois an unsettling and riveting indie adventure more than five years in the making. It tells the story of John Barnerway, a young man born to an American father and a French mother, has he searches for answers on the streets of post-war Paris in the wake of his brothers’ deaths.
Designed and developed by Mistaken Visions, The Piano is being released in partnership with Game If You Are. It’s priced at $9.99, although early buyers will get a 25% discount during the first week.
About The Piano
Born to an American father and a French mother in the aftermath of the Great War, John Barnerway lived in the shadow of his three brothers. George, Louis and Valentine were renowned pianists – but when John is accused of their murders, he finds himself at the centre of a media witch-hunt that sees him traversing the lonely streets of Paris in search of answers.
Part traditional survival horror, part story-driven adventure, and part noir-influenced murder mystery, The Piano is an unsettling and riveting indie game more than five years in the making.
- True psychological horror: delve into the darkest corners of John’s mind
- Gather clues and solve puzzles in search of answers
- Evade terrifying foes that stalk the empty streets of Paris
- Piece together a fragmented story to uncover the truth
- A noir-influenced aesthetic, with heavily stylised visuals
- Immersive soundtrack and full voice acting
About Mistaken Visions
Led by designer Jonathan Stemmildt, Mistaken Visions is a small indie game development collective based in Hamburg, Germany. Five years in the making, its ambitious horror game The Piano is its first full-length title.