One of a kind mash-up of Tower Defense with FPS in deep space, also for Oculus Go and Oculus Quest
November 9, 2018, Copenhagen, Denmark – Gamalocus is thrilled to announce the release date of Voronium – Locust Sols, arriving on Steam, Oculus store, GreenManGames and WinGameStore on Nov 16th, 2018.
Voronium is a high-quality game developed solely for VR. Development with performance in mind, allows the game to run not only on the high-end devices but also on Oculus Go and Oculus Quest. The first release will be for Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and Windows Mixed Reality. A release for Sony Playstation, Oculus Go and Oculus Quest will follow shortly after.
The game overcomes the known locomotion in VR issue in two creative way: pull movement instigated by the player in Zero-G, and teleportation between shooting positions (Zeus war machines), while time is almost standing still.
Voronium – Locust Sols takes place on a planet far from our known world. In the wake of mankind’s destruction of the earth a quest to find a new home has begun. Due to the enormous distances of space, this expedition is lead by machines and highly sophisticated AI all relaying on Voronium. Voronium is a material, so versatile and energy dense it defies the known laws of physics. It’s the energy source that replaced all others. But though the universe is vast – mankind and their AI are not the only species interested in the energy. Your job is to secure the Voronium mining operations, and destroy anything that gets in the way.
The game contains the following features:
- Tower-defense gameplay (protect the base)
- First person gameplay – participate in the defending in VR FPS mode
- Tech-noir storyline driving the game forward
- Free placement of towers on all flat areas in the landscape
- Evolving tech-tree, various weapons and upgrades
- Multiple opponent types – different behavior requires different tactics
- Enemies attack player back using rocks, drones, and jumping melee attacks
- Enemies are hive-minded, attacking one trigger agro
- Unique twirling gesture for swapping weapons in FPS mode
The game will launch with a prologue and 9 unique levels. The tech tree includes both hand-held weapons and autonomous towers, all are upgradable and providing over 20 potential upgrades through the game. Additional levels and weapons may be added later.