BULLET HELL, HEAVEN AND EVERYWHERE IN BETWEEN – WITCH THIEF DEBUTS SOON FOR PC, CONSOLE VERSIONS TO FOLLOW
A snarky Witch Thief seeks a fabled grimoire in this 3D bullet hell shooter featuring a coven of sassy playable witches with entwined stories and a snappy dress sense
Canberra, 15 Aug 2018: The team at Cardboard Keep today formally announced Witch Thief will be arriving soon on Steam and Itch for PC. On a quest to steal an enchanted grimoire, a sassy sorceress embarks on a perilous journey through arena-based ambushes by possessed dolls and arcane bosses. Naturally those guarding the tome won’t give it up without a fight, so our heroine must do what she does best: that is, sneaking in the front door and taking it anyway!Players can unlock three more playable and equally feisty witch heroines with different powers, each with a personal story told through unique dialogue, entwined inextricably with the Witch Thief’s own tale.
‘We’ve strived to bring the characters to life and bring a new more story focused vibe to the shmup genre. Coupled with a 3D perspective that’s adjustable on the fly, and a range of difficulty levels to suit all players, we’re happy that it’ll hit the spot for a wide variety of audiences, not just the bullet hell aficionado,” explains Tim Bermanseder, co-founder, Cardboard Keep and project lead on the game.
- Explore five distinctive zones from spooky forest glades to magnificent cathedral vaults, each with multiple boss battles and ambush arenas
- Flexible difficulty – from standard limited-life modes with ramped challenges to an innovative “Chill” mode – where losing a life merely resets to weapon defaults
- Adjust the player camera’s vertical angle on the fly to best deal with the patterns of attack, and use focus control to concentrate both projectile spread and visual perspective
- Controls optimised for mouse and keyboard or game controller for fluid, twin-stick action
- A cast of memorable bosses, from the castle’s guardian angel to the chuckling bishop!
Check out the game website.