London, England – September 26th 2018, Chucklefish LTD. Challenge fate itself with Timespinner from Seattle-based developer Lunar Ray Games and Chucklefish, available on Windows, Mac, Linux, PS4 & PS Vita!
Timespinner is a beautifully crafted story-driven adventure, and an ode to classic 90s action platformers. Follow Lunais, a head-strong young timekeeper, on her quest for revenge against the empire that killed her family. Use time-bending powers to explore a vast, connected world, and change fate itself.
With her family murdered in front of her and the ancient Timespinner device destroyed, Lunais is suddenly transported into a unknown world, stranded with seemingly no hope of return. Using her power to control time, Lunais vows to take her revenge on the evil Lachiem Empire, but sometimes the course of history isn’t quite as black and white as it seems…
Explore an intricate, connected world with beautifully drawn and detailed pixel art environments. Traverse between the barren present and luscious past of Lachiem, collecting elemental magic orbs and combining their power to destroy enemies with blades and spells. Befriend mysterious creatures called Familiars, such as the adorable dream dragon Meyef, and train them to aid you in battle. Test your skills and timing with intense boss battles, and you venture forth to take on the Emperor himself!
- Control the Timespinner to bend time to your advantage, evading foes, using them as platforms and solving puzzles
- Discover a lovingly-crafted, beautiful pixel art world and uncover a rich story universe
- Explore both the past and present of Lachiem, from grand medieval castles, to sparkling serene lakes, a bustling metropolis and even a space-age laboratory
- Clobber enemies with Magic Orbs which grow in power the more you use them
- Befriend mysterious Familiars and train them to aid you in battle
- Take on challenging boss battles with an emphasis on skill, timing and dodging
- Locate hidden areas and treasures through secret walls and platforming puzzles
- Invite a second player to join the adventure by controlling Lunais’ Familiar in local co-op mode
- Rock out to a gothic PS1-style soundtrack by Jeff Ball (composer for Tiny Barbarian DX and violinist for Steven Universe) with retro SFX by Power Up Audio (Crypt of the Necrodancer, Celeste, Into the Breach)
- Available on PS4, PS Vita and PC (Windows, Mac, Linux full gamepad support via Steam)