Enhance Games announced that its multi-award winning game Rez Infinite launched on Steam and Oculus Home today. Originally released exclusively for the PlayStation 4 and PS VR in October 2016, Rez Infinite quickly earned high praise from critics and audiences globally, being touted as ‘the killer app for VR’ by many. In addition to being the top rated PS VR title on Metacritic, Rez Infinite has collected over 40 awards and nominations including Best VR Game Winner at The Game Awards 2016 and a nomination for the Audio Achievement category at BAFTA 2017 amongst others.
“We are extremely excited to finally bring Rez/Rez Infinite to PC. It was a long time coming but now we have the best version yet, “ says Enhance Games founder and Rez creator Tetsuya Mizuguchi. “With 4K support, up to double the texture quality, advanced graphic options as well as multiple controller options, we hope to introduce our game to a new audience who’ve never played Rez before and those who haven’t picked it up in a while. It can also finally be experienced in VR with Oculus Rift and HTC VIVE.” Enhance Games also announced it will be releasing Rez Infinite for Daydream later this year.
Players can download Rez Infinite now on Steam and Oculus Home. For the first two weeks, the title will be 20% off as part of a special launch promotion.
Digital Deluxe DLC for FREE
In addition to the 20% launch promotion discount, during the same period, a special Rez Infinite Digital Deluxe DLC packed with extra content will be available for free to everyone who purchases the game. Every old and new Rez fan will enjoy this package, which includes a 7-track Area X digital soundtrack sampler by Hydelic (with four brand new tracks from the level), a digital excerpt from the Rez Infinite Retrospective art book produced and sold exclusively at iam8bit, over 20 desktop wallpapers and a set of original Rez avatars.
PC Collector’s Edition from iam8bit
To celebrate the launch of the PC version, Enhance Games have teamed up once again with iam8bit for a special PC Collector’s Edition, which includes an audio cassette tape featuring the same Area X tracks included in the Digital Deluxe DLC, a digital download of the tracks and a Steam download code for the full game. Only 888 units will be available at iam8bit.
Rez and Rez Infinite
Experience 360 degrees of mind-blowing synesthesia as you blast your way through waves of enemies and massive transforming bosses, with your every move triggering colors and sounds that sync and blend to the beat of the legendary techno soundtrack of Rez. Whether you choose to play in standard desktop mode or opt for the full immersion of playing in VR, Rez Infinite must be seen—and heard—to be believed.
Rez Infinite is the ultimate version of the beloved psychedelic rail-shooter adventure Rez, originally released in 2001 by Sega. Now, over 15 years later, fully remastered in HD/4K (PS4 and PS4 Pro/PC) with optional VR support (PS VR, Oculus Rift, HTC VIVE) and an all-new level “Area X,” the latest form of Rez is infinitely improved and evolved for a new generation of hardware and its
- The Ultimate Package: Fully remastered classic Rez levels Areas 1 through 5, and an all-new free-flying experience in Area X.
- Highest Res Rez: Unrestricted resolution and up to double the texture resolution of any previous version of Rez makes for razor-sharp visuals.
- Enhanced Soundscapes: Full 3D audio for Rez’s incredible music and sound effects.
- VR Optional: The entire game is now playable on your PC desktop, or in full VR with your HTC VIVE or Oculus Rift headset and accompanying controllers (standard gamepads, Vive Controllers, and Oculus Remote and Touch controllers are all supported).
- View Mode: Take in the environment, or capture great moments by pressing “V” on keyboard. On desktop mode, use the left joystick, or hold left click and drag the mouse to look around. In VR, move your head to look around. Exit view mode by pressing V.
Developed by independent development studio Monstars Inc. and Resonair, Rez Infinite is available now for £19.99 (£15.99 for first two weeks) on Steam and Oculus Store.