Post Scriptum, An Upcoming WW2 Realism Shooter Releases Beta (PC)
Experience WW2 in a Large Scale, Immersive 80 Player Battle with over 50 Usable Vehicles, 40 Weapons and 140 KM² of Total Playable Area. Including Base Building & Logistics
THOURIE, FRANCE – JULY 26TH, 2018 – Post Scriptum, is an upcoming WW2 Realism Shooter developed by Periscope Games set during “Operation Market Garden” in September, 1944. They have just released a Beta (PC / Steam) ahead of the full release on August 9th, 2018. Players will be able to experience an immersive gameplay style where tactics and teamwork are necessary to win the round. You can be in a section with 8 other infantry players, each with designated roles (Medic, AT, Machine Gunner, Rifleman), work together to command a tank or play logistics and build fortifications and weapon emplacements for your team.
ABOUT POST SCRIPTUM
Post Scriptum is a WW2 simulation game, focusing on historical accuracy, large scale battles, difficult learning curve and an intense need for cohesion, communication and teamwork. Players will relive the events of ‘Operation Market Garden’ across the fields and towns of Holland.
In a 40 vs. 40 multiplayer setting, players will be given the option to fight with the British Airborne Division and its Polish brigade, British XXX Corps, US Airborne (Post-Release) or several branches of the German Army, such as the Wehrmacht or the Waffen SS. It’s a rare opportunity to experience the intense battlefield that was the Battle of Arnhem, which stretched across farms, woods, villages and city areas. Each area is being accurately recreated from archival references that range from street level to aerial images. Whether you’re jumping out of a plane, resupplying friendlies or operating a tank you will find multiple reasons to drop back into the battlefield in this grand scaled representation of a WW2 setting never explored in a large multiplayer environment.
ABOUT PERISCOPE GAMES
From the people behind “Project Reality WWII” and “Liberty’s Highway” is born “Periscope Games” studio, a group of individuals with one common ambition, creating the next standard in the WWII large scale battle platform.
Firstly known as a modding group for Squad, our ambition and expectation for Post Scriptum rapidly made us realize that we would have to create our own studio in order to reach those goals and fulfill this vision of ours. Such things would not be doable in a respectable time frame without us going full time on the project, and as such, get a living from it.
– 40 vs 40 multiplayer PvP battles
– Parachuting into action
– Photo scanned 3D Uniforms
– Artillery and Airstrike support
– Vehicles using realistic values, such as turret speed, armor thickness etc..
– Authentic level at a 1:1 scale based on military archives and historical maps
– Faithfully recreated historical weapons, vehicles and famous landmarks
– Base building, fortification and barricades
– Logistic and supply runs to help fortify your position and rearm friendlies
– Towing system for supplies
– In game Voice Over IP with proximity fade
– Player driven objectives in Sandbox game mode
– Full access to PS SDK to add or modify content
– Steam Workshop support
– 5 maps for a total of 140 km² of authentic playable area
– 3 game modes, such as “Offensive”, “Stratagem” and “Sandbox”
– More than 40 faithfully recreated vehicles and 50 authentic weapons
– British & German factions, including the 1st Airborne Division, XXXth Corp, Waffen SS and the Wehrmacht
– US Airborne Faction (101st & 82nd Airborne) release as free content in 2018. Including an additional 3 maps.
– The entire western vicinity of Arnhem in 1944 and Arnhem city center with its famous bridge too far
– Source Development Kit for you to add or modify content.
Release Date: Full Release August 9th, 2018 (Open Beta now available)
Platform: PC (Steam)
Price: Standard Edition $29.99 USD / € 27.99 / £ 23.79
Steam Store Link: https://store.steampowered.com/app/736220/Post_Scriptum/
Website URL: http://postscriptumgame.com