Oslo, Norway – December 11th, 2017 – Funcom today announced that Conan Exiles, the studio’s open-world survival game set in the savage lands of Conan the Barbarian, will shed its Early Access skin and launch in both digital and retail stores on May 8th, 2018. Funcom is excited to be teaming up with Koch Media to deliver boxed physical copies of Conan Exiles to stores. To celebrate today’s announcement, Funcom released a brand new trailer which also offers a glimpse at some of the new content that will make its way to the final version, including an entirely new biome and a new combat system.
PRE-ORDER THE PHYSICAL RETAIL VERSION
Pre-orders of the physical boxed version have now begun with select retailers for Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. Gamers can pre-order the Day One Edition that contains a printed map of the Exiled Lands, along with the iconic Conan’s Atlantean Sword in-game item which is only available through pre-ordering the physical retail version. The official website will be updated throughout the week as retail outlets start listing the pre-order.
LIMITED COLLECTOR’S EDITION ANNOUNCED
Last, but certainly not least, Funcom is thrilled to announce that a Collector’s Edition is now available for pre-order at select retailers. This one-of-a-kind edition contains a wealth of exclusive items both physical and digital sure to satisfy any fan of Conan the Barbarian and Conan Exiles.
The Collector’s Edition includes:
· FIGURINE: 15 cm / 6 inch Conan the Barbarian polyresin figurine, modeled after Conan from the Conan Exiles cinematic trailer
· CUSTOM COMIC BOOK: Full-color print comic book created in collaboration with Dark Horse Comics specifically for this game. The comic book tells the story of Conan on one of his adventures in the Exiled Lands.
· SOUNDTRACKS: Three soundtracks featuring the music from Conan Exiles as well as the music from Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures and Age of Conan: Rise of the Godslayer.
· ARTBOOK: Go behind the scenes and discover some of the incredible production artworks developers used to guide their vision for the game in this full-color, print artbook.
· WORLD MAP: Full-color printed map of the world of Conan Exiles.
· DIGITAL COMIC BOOKS: Code to unlock six full-color digital comic books from Dark Horse Comics, featuring the entire “A Witch Shall Be Born” story arc.
· DIGITAL RPG BOOK: Code to unlock the 368 full-color digital rule book created by Modiphius for their Conan pen and paper role-playing game. Everything you need to play!
For more information about Conan Exiles launch, pre-orders, and pricing, please check out this exhaustive blog update posted today on the official community website.“Early Access and Game Preview has been an absolutely invaluable tool for us in developing Conan Exiles,” says Creative Director Joel Bylos. “Being able to get direct feedback from players has allowed us to focus our work on improvements, bug fixes, and new content. We still have a few months to go and are by no means done squashing bugs and making improvements. We’re working hard on new content and gameplay mechanics – including the new jungle and volcano biomes!”
Conan Exiles entered Early Access on PC on January 31st this year. The game is an open-world survival game set in the brutal lands of Conan the Barbarian. Here players must survive in a savage world, build their kingdom, and dominate their enemies in brutal combat and epic warfare. You start with nothing but your bare hands and forge the legacy of your clan, building anything from a small home to gigantic fortresses and entire cities. Wage war using swords, bows, siege weapons, and even take control of giant avatars of the gods and lay waste to enemy cities. Conan Exiles can be experienced in both local single-player and in persistent online multiplayer.
For more information about Conan Exiles, please visit www.conanexiles.com.