Windsor, UK – November 28, 2017– 2K and Firaxis Games announced today that Sid Meier’s Civilization VI: Rise and Fall, the expansion pack for the critically acclaimed and award-winning strategy title, will be available for Windows PC on February 8, 2018.
Civilization VI: Rise and Fall brings new choices, strategies, and challenges for players as they guide a civilization through the ages. The expansion introduces new Great Ages, a new city loyalty system, and Governors while expanding existing Diplomacy and Government systems; and adds nine new leaders and eight new civilizations, a variety of new units, districts, wonders, buildings, and more. Players can now lead their empire into a Golden Age of prosperity or emerge triumphantly from a Dark Age into a memorable Heroic Age.
“Sid Meier’s Civilization is 2K’s longest running franchise and we’re thrilled to reveal this exciting and dynamic expansion for fans to experience Civilization VI in all new ways,” said Matt Gorman, VP of Marketing at 2K. “The Civilization VI: Rise and Fall expansion comes after a year of content and updates to Civilization VI, and marks the perfect time for both veterans and newcomers to take one more turn at building their empire.”
“With the new Great Ages system in Sid Meier’s Civilization VI: Rise and Fall, players can experience the ebb and flow of building empires amidst the challenges of history, either to lasting greatness or the dust of antiquity,” added Anton Strenger, Lead Designer at Firaxis Games. “With this expansion’s new features, players will be both challenged and rewarded in ways never seen before in the 26 years of the Civilization franchise.”
Key features for Sid Meier’s Civilization VI: Rise and Fall include:
- GREAT AGES: As your civilization ebbs and flows, and you reach milestone Historic Moments, you will experience Dark Ages or Golden Ages, each providing specific challenges or bonuses based on your actions in-game. Rise triumphantly from a Dark Age, and your next Golden Age will be even stronger – a Heroic Age.
- LOYALTY: Cities now have individual Loyalty to your leadership – let it fall too low, and face the consequences of low yields, revolts, and the potential to lose your city to another civilization, or its own independence. But one civilization’s loss can be your gain as you inspire Loyalty among cities throughout the map and further expand your borders.
- GOVERNORS: Recruit, appoint, and upgrade powerful characters with unique specialization bonuses and promotion trees to customize your cities, and reinforce Loyalty.
- ENHANCED ALLIANCES: An enhanced alliances system allows players to form different types of alliances and build bonuses over time.
- EMERGENCIES: When a civilization grows too powerful, other civilizations can join a pact against the threatening civilization and earn rewards, or penalties, when the Emergency ends.
- TIMELINE: Review your civilization’s history at any time with the new Timeline feature, a visual journey through the Historic Moments that you encountered on your path to victory.
- NEW LEADERS AND CIVS: Nine leaders and eight new civilizations are introduced. Each brings unique bonuses and gameplay, as well as a total of eight unique units, two unique buildings, four unique improvements, and two unique districts.
- NEW GLOBAL CONTENT: Eight new world wonders, seven natural wonders, four new units, two new tile improvements, two new districts, fourteen new buildings, and three new resources have been added.
- IMPROVED GAMEPLAY SYSTEMS: The Government system has been enhanced with new Policies and additional improvements have been made to existing systems.
Developed by Firaxis Games, Sid Meier’s Civilization VI is rated PEGI 12, and is available now on Windows PC. Sid Meier’s Civilization VI: Rise and Fall will be available on February 8, 2018 for Windows PC.
Firaxis Games is a 2K studio. 2K is a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
For more information on Sid Meier’s Civilization VI: Rise and Fall, please see 2K’s official Civilization blog: https://civilization.com/news/entries#announcing-civilization-vi-rise-and-fall