Transhuman Design’s uncompromising, skill-based carnage will launch on PS4 May 9th and Xbox One on May 10th.
Warsaw, Poland, April 28th, 2017: BUTCHER is a fast-paced 2D shooter and a blood-soaked love letter to the cult classics of the genre, developed by Transhuman Design – the studio behind Soldat and King Arthur’s Gold. The game will be published on PS4 and Xbox One by Crunching Koalas in May 2017.
As a cyborg programmed to eradicate the last remains of humanity, your sole purpose is to well… annihilate anything that moves. Grab your weapon of choice (from chainsaw, through shotgun, to grenade launcher) and kill your way through underground hideouts, post-apocalyptic cities, jungles and more. And if you’re feeling creative, there are plenty other ways of ending your enemies’ misery – hooks, lava pits, saws… no death will ever be the same.
If kicking corpses into a lava pit and adorning walls with blood is your idea of a good time, BUTCHER is THE game for you.
BUTCHER’s main features:
- Ultra-violent uncompromising carnage in the spirit of Doom and Quake (chainsaw included).
- Release your inner artist, paint the walls with (permanent) blood (up to 4 million pixels available to be painted per level).
- Use the environment (saws, hooks, lava pits, animals and other) to brutally dispose of your enemies.
- Put your reflex and patience to the ultimate test.
- Choose from an array of weapons (featuring classics like chainsaw, railgun and the deadly grenade launcher).
- Soak in the dark atmosphere reinforced by a wicked, heavy soundtrack (while you kick corpses around).
- Die painfully: melt in lava, become piranha food, get crushed by heavy doors… and more!
- Absolutely no mercy for anyone!
Platforms: PlayStation 4, Xbox One
Standard Price: $9.99, €9.99, £7.99 (Standard version), $12.99, €12.99, £9.99 (Special Edition Bundle including the base game and soundtrack)
Developed by: Transhuman Design
Published by: Crunching Koalas (PS4 / Xbox One)
About Transhuman Design
Transhuman Design is an independent studio led by Michal Marcinkowski, creator of Soldat, the indie classic that dominated the 2D multiplayer world and directly inspired games like N, Showdown Effect and Take Arms. Soldat was followed by King Arthur’s Gold, a very successful (and crazy) multiplayer build’n’kill game featuring ridable sharks, shields used as parachutes and catapults employed as rapid means of transport into enemy base. The current projects range from Butcher, a blood-soaked love letter to Doom and Quake, to the atmospheric, story-driven Transmigration.