Aura of Worlds, a Creative Strategy Rogue-lite Platformer is Launching on Steam April 24th
Aura of Worlds, a creative strategy rogue-lite platformer is launching on Steam April 24th. The game has a strong focus on exploration, improvisation and manipulating the environment to your advantage. You survive through utilizing your wits, reflexes and creative abilities.
Outrun death walls, escape flooding passages, face off against gargantuan bosses that have made entire mazes their home. Do you play defensively with the spear and shield, or swing into the fray with a grappling hook and boomerang? Do you scour the levels for potions and runes; or do you dive headfirst into the chaos?
– Over 70 unique enemies and traps and 8+ randomized level themes. Such include tidal corridors filled with mines, rising lava, caverns lined with toxic and carnivorous plants…
– A plethora of creative abilities ranging from parkhour to cloaking to warping time itself!
– Every object has multiple uses E.g. you can grab that lantern from the ceiling, and carry it around to use as a portable light source or improvised flaming molotov…
– Hand crafted pixel art and animations by Jessica Turner and Lachlan Cartland
– Custom sound/music by Mat Dwyer and Amanda J. Lim
– Each situation is intended to be challenging but solvable with planning and agility. For example, there is a laser forcefield trap in front of you. Do you throw an enemy into it? Blow up the conduit with a grenade? Blink through it? Cloak yourself to pass through undetected?
– There is a multitude of mechanics such as cones of visions for enemies, turret hacking, grab and throw almost everything, mouse aiming, 2d spherical lighting and terraforming…
“The most promising indies we saw at PAX Australia”
– Shaun Prescott, PC Gamer
“Play evasive and defensive, aggressive and head-strong or a mixture of the two…Aura of Worlds has left me thirsty for more”
– Pixel Pop Network
“Players must adjust to each changing scenario by employing their abilities and skills whilst also allowing for seemingly infinite options as to how to navigate any given challenge.” – DoubleJump.Co
Steam (Launching April 24th): http://store.steampowered.com/app/841600/Aura_of_Worlds/
Itchio (Soft Launch Pre-Sale): https://cognitiveforge.itch.io/auraofworlds