Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics Lets Loose Lovecraftian Horror this November On PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
London, United Kingdom – November 13th, 2018 – Developer Auroch Digital and publisher Ripstone Games are proud to announce that its Weird World War game Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics is arriving in North America on PlayStation 4 on November 20th, Europe on PlayStation 4 on November 21st and Xbox One on November 23rd for £19.99 / €24.99. A Nintendo Switch release will follow.
Having launched on Steam in October, Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics is the video game adaptation of the hugely popular tabletop RPG from Modiphius Entertainment. In this occult turn-based strategy game, players are up against a rogues’ gallery of Lovecraftian beings controlled by the Nazis and have to use cunning military tactics, along with some nifty supernatural powers, to save the world. Set in an alternate history of World War II; the Nazis’ investigations into the occult have resulted in the summoning of Lovecraftian monsters. Only Charlie Company, an elite band of allied forces, have a chance of accomplishing the impossible; foiling the Nazi plans to turn the tide of war.
Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics utilizes a mix of turn-based strategy and RPG mechanics as players embark on a harrowing campaign against the forces of evil. Each hero character features their own backstory, weapon specialisations and combat abilities to give players an edge in the battlefield.
Captain Eric “Badger” Harris is a British Intelligence operative who specializes in experimental weaponry and guerrilla warfare; Ariane Dubois is a French Resistance member who’s bonded with a demonic spirit creature that she can command on the battlefield; Corporal Akhee “The Eye” Singh wields a sentient amulet that can transform him into a whirling cloud of blades; and Sergeant Brandon Carter is a loud-mouthed American soldier with a medallion that imbues his signature Thompson submachine gun, with mythos-fuelled bullets that can tear through the Nazi’s horrifying creations.
“We always wanted to make a game that combined our love of strategy and Lovecraft,” said Nina Collins, Producer at Auroch Digital. “Modiphius presented the perfect opportunity with the original tabletop game, and we were delighted to have the opportunity to adapt it into a video game. We’re thrilled for console players to finally see what all the fuss is about.”
- Tactical Combat: direct a squad of allied heroes in innovative turn-based ground battles.
- Momentum System: perform well in combat by racking up kills and executing critical hits to earn Momentum and turn the tide of battle in your favour.
- Light vs Dark: harness the power of the light to expose and suppress the spawn of Cthulhu hiding in wait in the oppressive darkness.
- AP System: every decision is important and the Action Point System gives you the flexibility to put as much emphasis into heavy combat or nimble movement as you like.
- Psychological System: witness too many horrors of war and watch as your unit’s sanity begins to unravel mid-fight.
- Build Your Team: characters have unique skills that can be unlocked and levelled up in different ways, and weapons can be modified to give a variety of benefits. This lets you customize your squad to better vanquish Nazi scum.
- Weird World War: explore the Lovecraft-meets-WW2 universe of Achtung! Cthulhu like never before with Mythos-inspired enemies and a story-driven campaign handcrafted by John Houlihan which ties directly into the pen and paper roleplaying game narrative.