Hunt Emerson, Britain’s Greatest Underground Cartoonist Now on the iPad
TOKYO October 8th, 2012
Panel Nine, the digital graphic novel publisher, have released The Certified Hunt Emerson, a deluxe digital collection with over 200 pages of the finest short cartoons and comics from a mind The Comics Journal has described as working “on a level untouched by most humans” and which Paul Gravett’s 1001 Comics You Must Read Before You Die described as “Britain’s greatest underground cartoonist. Profane comic genius.”
Included in the 27 different strips in the collection are Emerson’s collaboration with Alan Moore on a less-than-reverent version of Leviticus 20, his take on Gilbert Shelton’s Freak Brothers, the adventures of frisky felines Firkin, Calculus and Puss Puss, the meanderings of Max Zillion and his talking saxophone and much, much more.
The comprehensive set of extras includes audio commentaries and introductions to the strips by Hunt, a stunning cover gallery spanning over 3 decades, a gallery of self-portraits, a special section of astounding illustrations that have rarely or never been seen, and an exclusive interview with the artist for this collection that includes embarrassing photos of Hunt and other illustrious comics creators such as Bryan Talbot and Robert Crumb.
Priced at only $9.99 / £6.99, the collection is, the publisher believes, a mind-warpingly attractive bargain.
ABOUT HUNT EMERSON
Birmingham-based Emerson is regarded as one of the finest cartoonists in the world and has been recognized as one of the 75 European Masters of Cartooning by the French government. His long-form works include acclaimed graphic novel adaptions of Lady Chatterly’s Lover, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Casanova’s Last Stand and the forthcoming Dante’s Inferno.
• Specially-designed Panel Mode where you can double-tap on comics pages to zoom in and swipe from panel to panel
• Audio commentary synchronized with selected pages, recorded by Hunt Emerson exclusively for this app
• Beautiful high-quality digital images, with a specially-designed user interface that gives you fast, smooth swiping from page to page and flawless pixel-per-second movement
• Visual contents and bookmarks that let you view thumbnails of all pages and navigate quickly and easily
• High-resolution JPEGs and PDFs to enable users to zoom in to panels at up to three times the original size without loss of resolution
• Introductory notes to each comic strip written by the artist